Vision Statement of the Ministry
Promote sustainable development of the extractives sector.
Mission Statement of the Ministry
Enhance commercialization of discoveries, develop the requisite skills and infrastructure for production in the oil, gas and other minerals and improve access to competitive, reliable and secure supply of petroleum products.
Strategic Objectives of the Ministry
- To formulate and strengthen the Policy, Legal and Institutional framework for the development of the extractive sector
- To promote oil, gas and mineral exploration, distribution and marketing in Kenya
- To enhance oil, gas and minerals sector capacity development
- To strengthening the capacities of institutions under the Ministry for effective management of the extractives sector
Strategic Intentions during the Financial Year 2018/2019:
- To export Kenyan Crude Oil through Early Oil Pilot Scheme (EOPS) Project;
- To complete Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and Front End Engineering Design (FEED) for Lokichar-Lamu Crude Oil Pipeline to commercialize crude oil;
- To ensure safe and secure distribution and marketing of petroleum products
- To Enhance uptake of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) countrywide
- To Ensure that exploitation of minerals in internal conflict zones foster cohesion and peaceful coexistence by offering alternative sources of livelihoods
- To Ensure increased mineral processing and value addition to realize the full potential of minerals
- To Strengthen mineral verification and audit to ascertain revenues due to government
- To Ensure mineral exploration and exploitation opportunities are readily available to potential investors through strategic information packaging and marketing.